You must have never thought that insurance policies too can get quite bizarre. We have all heard about life, home and health insurance. However, have you ever thought of getting your hair insured or chest insured? Well these kinds of policies are also possible and they surely leave you stunned. These strange insurance policies will also magnify the strange insecurities and hidden fears of people that have led to the formation of such strange policies.
Most weird insurance policies
Read the strangest insurance policies and you will be taken by surprise for sure.
- Wedding insurance should not sound strange to you any longer. The wedding expenses in United States have reached about $29,000 and this is the reason that exclusive wedding insurance is also insured nowadays. Fireman’s Funds have been one of the many companies that have been insuring weddings since the 90’s. This insurance is used for protecting those expenses that are not refundable. This includes missing caterer and extreme weather conditions.
- Would you believe that lotion companies invest a lot of dollars on their models? This company’s strange policy ensures that the model’s legs are insured for about a million dollars.
- Another insurance policy was developed way back in 2004 by Lloyd’s and the prime objective of this policy was to insure the chest hair because it was believed that the loss of chest hair could affect the image of a person.
- Would you believe that celebrities also get their different body parts insured because these body parts are their prime assets? Bruce Springsteen got his voice insured for about $6 million. David Beckham got his legs insured for about $70 million.
- The most surprising insurance is the paranormal insurance. Some people live with the fear that paranormal forces may get the hold over them so people have acquired insurance that provides them adequate protection from ghosts and other such phenomena.
- Whether you believe it or not, but there are many people out there who believe in the existence of aliens and thus alien abduction insurance has now become a common trend these days.
- Thai Government has also got a strange type of an insurance policy. Thailand has a history of political distress. If a tourist visits Thailand and gets injured by chance then the visitor will be getting an insurance amount of about $10,000.
- Merv Hughes, the Australian Cricket player believes that his real trademark is his moustaches and thus he has insured his moustaches for a sum of about $400,000.
- The most shocking policy that you are about to come across is the love insurance. This policy too has a background. A photographer was filming a model and he had this fear that if she got married she would stop modeling for him and he would have to suffer losses. Now his nightmare did turn into a reality and the model did get married. However, the photographer had got insurance and he was able to recover all the losses with the help of the insurance.
These funny insurance policies will leave you pondering upon people’s imagination and how far people can go to overcome their insecurities and fears. The point to ponder upon is that most of the insurance policies promised huge returns in case of loss. This shows one more thing that the world is becoming quite liberal when it comes to insurance. A logical mind will definitely dwell upon the thought that these insurance policies appear to be without logic. However, the human race is on a mission to secure their assets at any cost what so every so they can go to any length to get their losses covered in case of an eventuality.